MONQ was founded in July 2014. Since that time, a number of scientific articles about essential oils have been published by various independent sources. Because we are in the essential oils business, we have tried to keep abreast of these scientific discussions. Please note, however, that while we are interested in the health benefits of essential oils, MONQ does not claim that any of its essential oil products provide any of these health benefits.
As a physician, I’ve known for a long time that essential oils have beneficial properties. Here are some others who not only believe the same thing but have studied them in a rigorous fashion:
- Essential oils and their constituents as anticancer agents: a mechanistic view.
- A status review on the medicinal properties of essential oils
- A systematic review of the anxiolytic-like effects of essential oils…
- Effect of lemongrass aroma on experimental anxiety in humans
- Therapeutic potential of essential oils focusing on diterpenes.
- The anxiolytic effect of essential oil of Cananga odorata exposure …
- Terpenoid composition and the anticancer activity of Acanthopanax trifoliatus.
- Terpenes from forests and human health
- An overview of the biological effects of some Mediterranean essential oils on human health.
- Bergamot (citrus bergamia) essential oil inhalation improves positive feelings in the waiting room of a mental health treatment center: a pilot study
- Anticancer properties of essential oils and other natural products
- The anxiolytic effect of Juniperus virginiana L. essential oil …
- Biochemical and pharmacological applications of essential oils in human health especially in cancer prevention.
- D-Limonene exhibits antitumor activity by inducing autophagy and apoptosis in lung cancer
- Anxiolytic effect of essential oils and their constituents: a review.
- Anticancer and antibacterial effects of a clove bud essential oil-based nanoscale emulsion system.
- Essential oil from arnica Montana L. achenes: chemical characteristics and anticancer activity.
- Sedative and hypnotic effects of compound anshen essential oil inhalation for insomnia
- Essential Oils and Health
- Essential Oils as Antiviral Agents. Potential of Essential Oils to Treat SARS-CoV-2 Infection: An In-Silico Investigation
- Thymol and Thyme Essential Oil-New Insights into Selected Therapeutic Applications
- Research Progress of Essential Oil as a New Complementary Therapy in the Treatment of Depression
- Effect of aromatherapy with Melissa essential oil on stress and hemodynamic parameters in acute coronary syndrome patients: A clinical trial in the emergency department
- Effects of diffused essential oils for reducing stress and improving mood for clinical nurses: An interventional time series study
- Aromatherapy Blend of Thyme, Orange, Clove Bud, and Frankincense Boosts Energy Levels in Post-COVID-19 Female Patients: A Randomized, Double-Blinded, Placebo Controlled Clinical Trial
- The Effects of Aroma Essential Oil Inhalation on Stress, Pain, and Sleep Quality in Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Patients: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- The effect of aromatherapy with peppermint essential oil on anxiety of cardiac patients in emergency department: A placebo-controlled study
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. MONQ products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Eric Fishman, MD
Chief Executive Officer, Founder
Having practiced orthopedic surgery for years, Eric Fishman, MD wished to transition from helping people individually to helping many using natural remedies. To this end, he drew on his entrepreneurial expertise—including launching 12 separate ventures in healthcare and technology—to pursue his interest in the aromatherapy and natural health industries. Recognizing the emerging vape and e-cigarette market, Dr. Fishman embraced the opportunity to use these new technologies to conceptualize MONQ personal diffusers.
The MONQ Science team is as naturally synergistic as our products. Together pharmacologists, botanists, aromatherapists, chemists, mechanical engineers, and clinicians deconstruct naturally occurring compounds to create unique blends designed to bring wellness to everyday life.
MONQ’s process is thoughtful, methodical, and proven. We start with nature and science. We use proven methods, such as gas chromatography and mass spectometry, to determine the exact physical and chemical profile of hundreds of essential oils and the plants they are derived from. Using that information, MONQ scientists map potential pairings. Then, the most viable and potent formulations are tested to create synergistic, powerful, healing blends.
Our botanicals are ethically sourced from around the world. MONQ scientists have traveled the globe, meeting with tribal leaders, healers, clinicians, and scientists to find the purest botanicals in their native environments. We follow the plants from their source, through the distillation process, to our private lab, ensuring responsible and ethical sourcing from start to finish. All the while, we rely on ancient wisdom and modern technology to ensure we find unique and profound ingredients as the foundation for all MONQ products.
Building on quality ingredients, MONQ scientists create synergistic blends. In the MONQ lab, our scientists map the chemical and healing profiles of each ingredient. Those ingredients are then meticulously paired to create blends, the properties of which synergistically combine to bring calm, healing, peace and focus to everyday life. Our science extends even beyond this, helping MONQ create nootropic blends scientifically and clinically proven to improve performance and focus.
Once MONQ scientists precisely blend oils to create the perfect formulation, the blends are tested and paired with optimal delivery technology. Our engineering team seeks out the latest innovations as inspiration for new diffuser technology to create sustainable products to match the MONQ natural health lifestyle. After using our products, MONQ customers and study participants report experiencing changes to mood, increased focus, decreased discomfort, enhanced meditation, improved brain function, clearer vision, and many other wellness benefits.
Nootropics are often referred to as “smart drugs” for good reasons. There is much that can be told about the use of nootropics for cognitive function and it seems that many adults are starting to notice the vast benefits that these supplements can offer for overall health and mental well-being.