MONQMode is based on a practice known as MONK Mode which can help you to Re-define how you spend your time. It is based on the daily activities and structure of the lifestyle of a MONK. Although many of us will not become a MONK in our lifetimes, we do have the opportunity to benefit from many of the lifestyle practices they enjoy.
A MONK is a person who, by choice, lives a quiet and solitary life and decides to isolate him/herself from society. By choosing to practice MONK Mode you can experience a period of enhanced focus, discipline, and productivity where you commit yourself to completing a goal. In MONK Mode, you take it upon yourself to set aside the time either daily, weekly, or monthly, to adopt the isolation and self-discipline practices of monks.
There are three I’s at the core of this practice:
- Introspection - the ability to look inwards and explore your thoughts and emotions to better understand who you are and why you make the decisions you do, through your own strengths and weaknesses.
- Isolation - Giving yourself time to hear your own thoughts so you can listen to your inner-self. Finding personal space just for you and freeing yourself from obligations for a set period of time.
- Improvement - Creating a new plan of action that feels right to you to implement in your life that will improve your state of mind and outward influences.
You can use MONQ Mode to challenge yourself to abstain from anything you may consider a vice, like over-eating, too much social media or gaming. You can also use it to set a new physical goals such as; increasing your step count, changing your diet, getting outside more to enjoy running, biking or hiking.
Increasing your reading skills and education also counts. Many focus on spirituality and set aside the time to meditate or pray, read scriptures, or fast.
MONK Mode can also be used to help change your career and your income. When you take the time to focus on what you want, then you can make better decisions on how to spend your time in work and play.
It can help your overall wellbeing too. Here are some benefits:
- You can improve mental clarity and focus
- Increase your confidence
- Can help you attract healthy relationships
- Decision making is clearer for better life choices
- You become more aware of improvements to your physical wellbeing
- Helps you reset patterns and behaviors of harmful habits
- Allows for an increase in happiness
- You feel more in charge of your overall life
Monk mode can be implemented for short periods of time on and off, through-out your life, or can be used as a daily practice.
You can discover the best way to practice that fits best in your own schedule. Here are some ideas:
- Hourly: choose the hours in the day that work best for you, and block them out for time to do deep work sessions
- Weekly: you may have a couple of days a week that are perfect or weekend hours that allow for isolation. Make sure to set them aside.
- Seasonal: A month or a season is a great way to block off the calendar to prepare for deep work sessions. You can do this from year to year, and treat it as a self-work vacation you can look forward to.
- Intermittently: Choose a project to take into MONK Mode and get it accomplished. Then take a break till you choose your next important project.
You choose the Intensity level for what works best for you. Do you want to cut off all forms of socialization for a while, or just stop going out on the weekends for a period of time. Based on the schedule you choose, it helps you refrain from distractions during the time you have chosen. You choose what works best for you.
The MONK Mode Discipline is not always easy but daily practice and making it a habit can change your life. It is worth it to live the life you want, right?
Can you imagine no meetings, no calls, no texts, no email, no Slack, no Internet, no tv, no social media, for a set period of time? Instead you find yourself focusing on working deeply on something that matters to you.
Imagine...Blocking out some time to solely focus on you. Good idea!
Does MONK Mode work?
Well...yes! It works because it makes you work on being the best you, you can be. You become more productive, and it allows you to apply that productivity to your self-improvement and anything else you want to change for the better in your life.
It's Time to get started. Go find the life you have always wanted, by looking inside first. Practice MONK Mode with MONQ. It's amazing the change you will experience!
Let MONQ help…Get Happy, Get Focus-ed, Get Zen, Get Love in your life.